The upcoming 25th edition of the JRC “Then and Now” is in the final stages of preparation before publication. We are currently on track for a Spring 2015 release, both via the web and in print copy.
We will be aiming for a limited 1st run of 100 print copies. Complimentary copies will be provided to all authors and contributors, as well as Montreal University libraries.
Remaining copies will be available for purchase. Prices TBD.
If you are interested in reserving a copy, please contact our editorial team and let them know as soon as possible.
Exploring Religious Constructs of Gender and Sexuality
Sexed Religion is our upcoming edition tentatively scheduled for Spring 2016. In this edition, we will be exploring bodies, the things they do and the language that defines them in the context of religion and culture.
We’re interested in research that breaks binaries, and isn’t afraid to put its hands in places where researchers normally wouldn’t.
We will be seeking submissions from all relevant fields (religion, theology, gender studies, anthropology, history, etc.). Papers can focus on any tradition, time period or particular issue surrounding gender and sexuality.
Some submission ideas we’re particularly interested in, include:
- Case studies on saints and other figures
- Intersections of Art, Religion and Gender
- Changing perceptions of Gender and Sexuality
- Comparative studies in Gender and sexuality
- Alternate readings of familiar texts
- Queer theory and its application
- Desire, erotic longing and naughty divinities
Submission due date for completed papers is August 1st 2015. Please review our submission guidelines carefully before submitting.
How to Sign Up
If you are interested in this CFP, please submit your paper.
The JRC is pleased to announce the launch of its new website JRC-CONCORDIA.CA.
This new site was built from the ground up using WORDPRESS in order to facilitate distribution, management and publication of our academic journal. We hope that you, our readers, will also find the new site a vast improvement over the clunkiness of the old one.
Please note the following:
1) We will continue to house our journal, along with its past online editions, at
However, we will slowly migrate our old editions onto this site for ease of use, as well as publishing our upcoming editions here at JRC-CONCORDIA.CA
2) We have made a number of changes to the way we handle and accept submissions. We have simplified the registration and submission process. Papers can now be submitted without long form registration. Simply head to our Submission Page and fill out the form and attach your submission.
3) Please be sure to sign up for our Mailing List to hear about all upcoming CFPs and other calls.